Sunday 21 August 2011

Handmade Felt Bauble Christmas Decorations

I wanted to have a go at making some Christmas decorations as i am loving all things felt at the mo, but am always let down by my sewing skills!


This was my hand sewn attempt...... the look on the face of Mr Fairy said it all so it was back to the drawing board.....




So here are my attempts at a minimal sewing version


I am quite pleased with them but wanted to know what you guys thought!


I have embellished them with stickles and pearl stickles


I made one a bit more puffy by stuffing it a little and the others i left flat but layered if you know what i mean!


So what do you think, if you were given one as a gift would you hang it on your tree? If you saw them at a craft fair would you buy one?

the decorations were cut with Sizzix Bigz Ornament #2

11 comments:

Sarah's Book Reviews said...

personally i like the felt decorations that show the stitching, using the stitching as added embellishments. I would perservere with the stitched ones - maybe adding blanket stitch around the heart and circle, using a bright colour, and using a tiny running stitch to stitch the back and front together, maybe using invisible thread?

can i ask - how did you cut the felt pieces, were you using dies or hand cutting with scissors?

they look great, look forward to seeing your next ones

VPlum said...

OOoh they are lovely! A blanket stitch always looks great with felt. I usually do a blanket stitch on the felt piece and then bond it with bondaweb. I think your sewing ones are great too.

Bea said...

they are lovely - I am a felt fan too and make my own sometimes

Karen leonard said...

I like the look of the flat ones, the edges are crisp, and the colour combos are fabulous. I would be delighted to hang them on one of my trees! the other one only has stars on it!! Karen

Pretty Petal Handmade said...

My favourite is the pink "puffy" one! I think they're all really lovely and would definitely put them on my tree!

Rhi x

Tillyflops said...

Hi, i love em, i do like the puffy ones more, but i for one would hang them on my tree, its good to be different.xx

Sue Jones said...

I quite like the stitched ones- the fist ones best - i like that you can see the stitches and i have seen A LOT worse. Also they are more likely to last longer than glue.

vixen said...

So cute :)

Glen said...

Beautiful Lisa...that's what I think. *Ü* They are different and I like different. TFS. ~Glen~

CLaire said...

There lovey, I would have them hung on my tree.. both look good but I do like the stitchy ones !!!

XxJULESxX said...

oh well done Lisa they are all so lovely!