Wednesday 20 April 2011

WOYWW :: RIP Mr Big Shot..... Hello Mr Vagabond!!!


After much deliberation I bit the bullet and ordered a Vagabond, Susan the owner of http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/ (the only place i buy my die cutting stash!) has had one for a little while, and I had always said that if my express died I think I would get one too, but once the express had died I felt sad and a little let down. Sizzix told me that is was 2 years old so in thier opinion had lasted well and that was that!! So I was a little wary, but Susan loves hers and takes it to crops and things so I decided late Thursday to go for it!!


It was ordered Friday, and arrived Monday (thank you Susan), but my car breaking down on Monday kinda took the shine out of its arrival!! http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/ have mega fast and free delivery, what more could you ask for?? I hate waiting for stuff, there is one online shop out there that take over a week for delivery, I am sorry but a girl should not have to wait that long!!!


It was tuesday before Mr Vagabond had been shown his new home and introduced to his big brother Mr Big Shot Pro


So late last night i have a little play, I really like it, it is miles apart from the big shot express and sooo quiet!!


The only thing that frustrates me is that it will not take the MP platform, which is a shame as its such a great little thing! :: ETA: the mp platform does work.... I was being too gentle, if you slot it into the runners rather then trying to drop it onto the platform it does fit!!


I got up early this morning to tackle my scraps drawers, they are over flowing so I am cutting out some mats with my fave nesties (again the whole range of nesties plus free postage at http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/ )


I will use the mats for some quick cards to fill up my cards box as it is looking a bit empty!


And the tiny scraps that i may have been tempted to keep in the past are winging their way to the bin!! I am going to be a tidy, non-hoarding Craft Fairy!!

15 comments:

Handmade Hannah said...

Love the look of the Vagabond. I have the BS Express - hope mine doesn't die on me, but if it does I will be replacing it as you have with this machine. I agree about Country View Crafts - perhaps one of the best retailers on line. :)

Anonymous said...

I am very tempted by the lovely vagabond too - but sadly will have to hang on in with my cuttlebug for a while long - though unless the handle breaks - I can't think of a lot to go wrong!

Unknown said...

I love my Vagabond. how did you find it with the nesties though? I had to use 3x grunge paper as shims to get them to cut. Although I am a huge fan. So glad you like your new gadget

Love Dawn xx

Sarah said...

Oooh you lucky girl. Shame about the Express though, they should make these things to last, two years isn't good enough.

Karen said...

Have fun with your new toy! Is there such a thing as a non hoarder crafter LOL!! Great post TFS.
Have a lovely WOYWW,
Karen #41

Belinda Basson said...

OHHHHOOOH I am a DEEP shade of Green! I am coveting one of these and so nice to see that it cut with the nesties, I was worried about them... now I will just HAVE to get one. They have just landed in South Africa!!!

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

Ooh, that looks a great piece of kit. I am going to do a bit of research on that!
Thanks very much forbsharing.
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca (44) xx

okienurse said...

Awesome new toy..errrr...tool you have there! I have a big shot and have been thinking about the Vagabond! Good idea for using the scraps up! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #28

Chrissy said...

I just got the bond too, I've got to unpack it! Happy die cutting!
Chrissy #93

PepPop said...

Happy new Mr Vagabond!!

I admire your ability to throw things in the bin. I'm terrible for hoarding even the tiniest bit of paper - must try harder!

Jaqui x

Netty said...

I also love Country View Crafts for all the same reasons as you. Oooh lucky you to have a Vagabond, have loads of fun and a Happy Easter. Annette x

karen said...

Oh lucky you!! I am trying to resist the lure of the Vagabond but seeing them on blogs is making it hard, lol!
So glad you are enjoying it and using it right away!
Happy WOYWW!
xoxo Karen #43

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh how lucky are you having a Vagabond! I love my big shot but am going to have to wait for it to break before I invest in a vagabond! Have fun cutting!

Bumblebee said...

Great news! The vagabond is so pretty - actually maybe pretty is not the right word. Awesome sounds more appropriate!
And good luck with the non hoarding, I'm trying to be strict with myself, and more realistic about what I will REALLY make use of again!

Tertia said...

Oh my, I am green with envy! How lucky you are. Enjoy your new toy.