Thursday 14 April 2011

R.I.P My Big Shot Express :o(

Today is a very sad day in the Craft Fairy Studio
My poor big shot express has died, earlier today i was cutting some letters to finish off a card for my Grandad and it just stopped, nothing happened when i pressed the buttons and my dies were stuck in the machine. I remembered that when i got it it came with a screwdriver and some instructions for if your die got stuck so i dug those out and had to turn it about a million times but got my dies free.
My next thought (a hopeful thought) was that it could be the fuse, so i went out and got a replacemnt fuse, fitted it and held my breath while i tried it again.... nothing he is totally dead

I feel like a lost child, all my projects involve die cutting in some shape or form. He is going to have to be replaced with something but i am not sure what right now - why did it have to happen in the school holidays when i have loads of time to craft!!!

RIP Mr Big Shot you will be dearly missed xxx

13 comments:

Linda said...

I feel your pain....my Big Shot Express died 2 months ago. You can read what happened in my blog: lindaloveschocolate
How old is yours? I called Sixxix and they actually send me a Tim Holtz Vagabond....all I had to do was ship my BS back adn pay for shipping of the Vagabond. check it out! I am thinking this is something they have had trouble with b/c the BS is no longer made and it wasn't too difficult to get a replacement. Let us know what happens!

Sue Jones said...

Ohh How awful..i too would be gutted. I would contact sizzix..it can't be THAT old they haven't been out THAT long have they?

craftymum said...

Oh dear Lisa
how sad. Try getting in touch with Sizzix and see what they say. Otherwise , if you are interested, I sell Sizzix products and have 2 manual Big shots being delivered today or tomorrow. I have had mine since they first came out ( about 5-6 years i think) it is used constantly and I have no problem with it. Also I live in wednesfield so you could pick it up, if that is any help.
Hugs sarah x

Unknown said...

I sympathise with you, if you know anyone who fixes computers , they could fix it for you, I fixed my friends x

Anonymous said...

have you retried it , mine stopped when I jammed it, I let it rest for a few hours and it came back to life :)

fatmonica said...

Sorry to hear about your BS.Isn't it awful when something you've come to love crafting with gives up.Here's hoping you find an alternative.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the poor Big Shot. :(

DeeAnn said...

I am so sorry. I heard that happens a lot with the BSP. I heard there is a glitch in the motor. So, don't be too disheartened since it's a common problem. It sucks though. I hope Sizzix can do something for you. I remember reading you were thinking of getting a Grand Calibre. I know it doesn't take regular Sizzix dies or is electronic. I hope you find something perfect or can have your BSP fixed.

Ali M said...

I feel yr pain!!!My cricut sadly ceased chirruppping a few weeks ago ..My trusty old manual big shot still rolls on!!..xx

Anonymous said...

How awful. I hope you get it sorted soon!

Emma said...

What a pain! I do understand though, my Cuttlebug died last month and I replaced him with a Spellbinders Grand Calibur. Now I'm ashamed to admit I'm kind of glad it broke!!

Elaina said...

So sorry for your loss, you must be devastated :(

PepPop said...

Oh No!!! Do you know anyone who could look at it for you? Hope you get it sorted. Jaqui x