Friday 26 November 2010

Name Card - Using Making Memories Slice Elite


My regular blog readers will know that i normally make my "name" cards using my cricut, but since i have just got my replacemnt Slice Elite I thought ohhh I wont faff about setting my cricut up ill do it on my slice!
I am still getting used to the sizes so I cut it from scrap paper first and laid it out on my card blank (which is A4 folded lengthways)


The patterned paper is a thick glittered paper called "stomp" from MME it has so lovely blokey papers in that stack with some dinosaurs thrown in for good measure!


I inked the edges of all of the letters but am a little new to this inking lark and should have inked more as it did fade a little but it looked nice as the ink does not stick to the glossy glittered bits so looked really nice!


The corners were finished with some card candy that i got in a craftworks cards kit from the NEC


I always stick my letters on with 3d pads to give a bit of dimension!
I have since got the just chillin card for my slice so i think i may add a little something to this card!


I really like a nice simple font, these were cut a 31/2 inches i think but look nice and were lovely clean cuts!

Lisa xXx

5 comments:

Louise said...

Fabulous card - simple and clean and perfect!
I have the first edition slice and cant cut thick cardstock very well with it!

Addams said...

Lovely card, glad you are enjoying using your new slice elite

Mad-Frog said...

Lovely card, nice idea for a simple male card

Ali M said...

Lovely simple card...I love those papers..!!
Where do you get yr envelopes for these size cards..?I cant find any and would love to make some cards this way..
Ali

PepPop said...

What a fantastic boys card. Love the papers you've used for the letters. Jaqui x