Tuesday 28 September 2010

Flower Birthday Card using Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Rosette Die



Today's offering is a card made with my Tim Holtz Rosette Die




As with most of his dies i think it is a little hard to come by at the moment, but if you contact Susan at Country view crafts she will pop you on her waiting list (still with free PnP too!)




The Centre of the flower is actually a discontinues Stampin up stamp set called circle of friendship just stamped in colours to match the card stock - i am loving red and turquoise right now and think i may well use this combo on some Christmas designs too!!!




The "rosettes" are quite east to put together once you have had a practise - don't use your best card on your first attempt!



The stems were made by chopping up some adhesive border strips, i wanted to keep them simple to leave the focus on the flowers!




Hugs

Lisa xXx

10 comments:

Addams said...

Lovely card, those flowers are gorgeous

Jules said...

Lovely card, I love the way the simple stems draw the eye to the flowers. Gorgeous.

Julie (elysia2003) said...

So simple, but very effective.

I love it.

Anonymous said...

Very cute - I always forget how much I like red and turquoise together till I see it again and then I thing Yea! - love that!

Mary Anne

Ohhh Snap said...

Thesse are lovely! I'm so excited to have this die on order. I hadn't thought about the possibility of using them as flowers. I loved the video he made where he cut some he'd made in half and used them as a border.

Also love your color combination. I think it would be fantastic for Christmas cards. TFS! :D

PepPop said...

These are great! Thanks for the tip about Country View Crafts too. Jaqui x

Sandra said...

Looks fabulous

ziggy2407 said...

Gorgeous card, you are so talented.

Keep up the great work xx

(Wish I had 1/4 your talent)

Unknown said...

nice and simple x

Judith said...

Love this card no fuss just perfect x